Welcome to the Careers and Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) section of our website. This is designed to direct you to the many sources of information that can help you to choose your future study and career pathways.
Provider Access Policy
All pupils in years 7-13 are entitled to:
- Find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point;
- Hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships - through events, assemblies, group discussions and taster events
- Understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses
Management of provider access requests
A provider wishing to request access should contact John Connolly, Deputy Head
Telephone: 01952 728900 ext. 2023; Email: email@example.com
Designated careers advisor
We also have our own dedicated careers advisor: Ms Lawrence
Melanie Lawrence (Post grad dip QCG) is the Careers Adviser for William Brookes and is available in school one day per week, (usually Mondays). Appointments are available during lesson times and there is also a ‘drop-in’ facility at break time and lunch time. The Careers room is the interview room on the second floor, opposite the lift.
If you would like an appointment, please ask your tutor or speak to Mrs Lovelace and they will pass a message to Mel Lawrence.
Alternatively, please see Mel in the Careers room to arrange an appointment or email M.firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow Melanie on twitter at @melcareers for up to date local and national careers information.
The impact of the school’s Careers and IAG support is measured on an annual basis via two methods:
- The destinations data survey from the DFE and the zero returns of NEET (Not in education, employment of training) numbers
- An annual survey of year 11 students that asks their views and feedback that can then shape future actions
The information on this page is reviews annually, every July.