In Key Stage 4, students study a broadly based curriculum which enables them to continue and carry forward a wide range of subjects - this is their entitlement. In addition, thanks to a preference system, students are able to take extra courses which are appropriate to their own interests and experiences.
In summary, all students follow the curriculum below:
- Science (usually 2 or 3 qualifications)
- English Language & Literature
- Physical Education
- Personal, Social Citizenship and Health Education (PSHCE) with some elements of RE
- Weekly assembly
- Daily 20 minute Tutor time- including mentoring time, to assess progress and set targets on an individual basis - alongside some literacy work
- Preference/options subjects
There a range of these preference/option subjects that students can choose towards the end of year 9 before the start their KS4 journey with us.
Here is a list of the preference/option subjects we offer at KS4:
|Vocational (BTEC or CNAT)
|Health & Social Care
There are also opportunities for some students to undertake ‘offsite learning’ through weekly ‘Work Experience’ or placements with vocational training providers. These arrangements are made on an individual basis or part of a ‘Personal Learning Plan.’