Uniform & PE Kit
School uniform is worn by all students and the standard of uniform is high. The wearing of uniform in school ensures that all students are neat and business like in appearance, which in turn affects their attitude to school and to their studies.
Items of school uniform marked ** must be purchased from Bristows Club & School (Bridgnorth) or SR Embroidery (Broseley) Some items can be purchased elsewhere, but they must comply with the specified uniform requirements
|Shirt/Blouse||Plain pale blue, shirt style with collar, not denim and not fitted|
|Tie||House colours - Available directly from school|
|Sweatshirt **||Navy blue, V-neck sweatshirt with embroidered school logo. NB This is a compulsory item to be worn at all times.|
|Trousers||Plain black of a smart, standard school style. No extreme design - no denim/ combat/jeans/cropped/skinny/leggings/cord. Must reach the ankle|
|Skirts||Skirts - plain black A-line or pencil style. Not Lycra/elasticated material. Must be knee length|
|Belts||Plain black with no extreme designs, to sit on the waist|
|Socks/tights||Plain black, no patterns|
|Shoes|| PERMITTED - A standard conventional style in plain black (no motifs, logos or reflective areas)
NOT PERMITTED - Trainers, sports shoes, high heels, platforms, wedges, boots, sandals, backless shoes or any kind of canvas shoes; this includes black trainers and Converse style shoes in either leather or fabric.
|Outdoor coat/jacket||Plain, dark colour No sports tops, ‘hoodies’, jumpers, cardigans, etc.|
|Indoor PE Kit|
|Sports Top/ Polo Shirt **||Boys - White & navy blue with school PE logo
Girls - Blue with school PE logo
|Cotton Shorts/Skort **||Navy Blue|
|Swimsuit and Towel||Boys - Navy blue or black trunks
Girls - Navy blue or black one piece
|Footwear and Shin Pads|| *Training shoes
Boys - Football boots
|Outdoor PE Kit|
|Boys|| Rugby Shirt** - Royal blue (reversible)
Sports Shorts** - Royal Blue
Socks - Royal Blue
|Girls||Hockey Socks - Navy blue|
|Micro fleece **||Navy blue [with white trim and school PE logo]|
|Tracksuit trousers||Plain navy blue|
*Please ensure these are sports trainers and not leisurewear, to protect your child from sports injuries.
- Trainers - should only be worn at school during PE activities and sport activities during social time. NB As it is contrary to Health & Safety Regulations for students to be engaged in practical work in any workshop whilst wearing trainers, any student who attends a Design and Technology lesson in trainers will not be permitted to take part in any practical aspect of that lesson.
- Jewellery - should not be worn, other than a watch, one plain ring and one pair of plain gold or silver stud earrings if ears are pierced. NB only one stud per ear in the lower lobe is allowed. All jewellery/fitbits must be removed before PE
- Make Up - Subtle make-up is acceptable at KS4, this is natural foundation and includes clear nail varnish.
- NO makeup is allowed in KS3
- NO blusher or bronzer, a subtle coat of mascara
- NO thickly coated eyelashes, false eyelashes, eye shadow, eyeliner or pencilied in eyebrows
- Staff reserve the right to ask students to remove excess make-up at their discretion
- Piercings - Only one plain stud per ear, at the bottom of each lobe is allowed. Nose, eyebrow, lip studs/rings or studs down the edge or middle of the ear are not acceptable.
- Nails - Acrylic nails or nail polish/varnish are not acceptable.
- Body Art - It is an offence to tattoo a person under 18. Tattoos of any kind, including temporary tattoos, are forbidden.
- Hair styles - We do not permit shaved heads (grade 3 at shortest), interesting patterns shaved into the hair, unconventional styles or bright/unnatural colours in school. Long hair should be tied back in practical lessons.
- Coats - In cold weather these are worn travelling to and from school and outside at Lunchtime. They should be a proper coat/jacket styles, of a plain dark colour. Non-uniform sweatshirts, sports tops, ‘hoodies’, etc. are not permitted as alternatives. At all times during the school day only school sweatshirts are allowed. School hoodies are permitted only for Dance.
Any non-uniform items, jewellery, scarves, gloves, hats, belts, etc, seen worn around school will be confiscated. These items can be collected from the member of staff who confiscated the item or the House Leader at the end of the school day. All students have a personal locker in which they can store outdoor clothing (as well as equipment not required in lessons).
Bristow Club and Sport
Tel: 01746 761701
S R Embroidery
Tel: 01952 884326